Position: Chief Executive Officer (ELCITA)
— March 27, 2021
ELCITA invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (ELCITA). Candidate should be Bachelors of Engineering or Master of Business Administration.
Should have minimum of 10 years’ experience in Managerial and Technical capacity of handling Solid Waste Management/ Liquid Waste Management/ Water Supply Management in Urban Local Bodies in India / SEZ /Industrial Towns/ Facilities run by Industrial Boards anywhere in India/Facilities run by Para Status /State or Union Government in Urban Water Supply and Sewage Board.
Age Limit: 40 to 55 years
Knowledge of Kannada is essential.
The eligible candidates can apply for the post through the prescribed format and detailed CV to Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA). Application Forms can be downloaded from here.
Suitable candidates may apply by sharing their CV and completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing the hard copy by post to:
Human Resources Department,
Electronics City Industrial Township Authority,
No. 7(P), West phase,
Electronics city, Bangalore – 560100
Last date for receipt of applications with connected documents is extended up to 5 PM on 05/05/2021
Job Description: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Location – Bengaluru
Type – Full-Time on Contract
Employment Terms – The normal terms of appointment are a contract of 3 years extendable by two years on mutual agreement
Compensation – Will be commensurate with experience.
Operations – Provide strategic and operational leadership to the township authority
- Lead all day-to-day operations: The range of activities includes managing high tech infrastructure commensurate with the needs of the community, implementing municipal functions, interacting with the local bodies, Government, citizens, security, and traffic personnel
- Work with the Management Committee and its nominated sub-committees to realize the vision and goals outlined for the township
- Develop and monitor an index that measures ELCITA on parameters that enable it to be the best place to work!
- Set benchmarks for delivery of basic services and maintain a dashboard for monitoring key parameters
- Any other responsibility as deemed necessary by the Management Committee from time-to-time
Public relations and outreach
- Engage with stakeholders of the township on a continuous and purposeful basis to create event ideas and follow through with the delivery of events
- Oversee, coordinate, organize all events, including town hall meetings, cultural festivals, workshops, etc.
- Manage outreach and communication through media
Efficient management of the township authority
- Recruitment and management of staff as prescribed by The Karnataka Municipalities Act
- Creating, overseeing, and managing outsourced contracts, including estate management, solid waste management, traffic management, and security
- Ensure smooth functioning of township operations and the necessary standards relating to environment, health, safety, and quality are maintained
- Effective use of e-Governance and collection of data from digitization initiatives for better resource management and transparent governance
Finance and Administration
- Review and refine governance processes for the township
- E-Governance for transparent and efficient administration as per the Municipal Act and other applicable laws
- Effective service delivery process
- Robust audit procedure
- Ombudsman to address grievances
- Ensure all statutory licenses and approval processes are in place in an effective manner
- Ensure statutory compliance
- The CEO must be able to maintain a positive and productive relationship with all stakeholders, including Management Committee members, Government, industry, and various agencies connected with the township
- To build professional relationship with Township Development Officer (TDO) and cohesively work towards achieving ELCITA objectives.
- Engage effectively and manage relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders to build cooperation, alignment of objectives, and successful outcomes
- Member management – engagement and feedback
- Government liaison
- Build a consensus amongst the diverse stakeholders while also developing appropriate policies and initiatives that draw on the immense expertise within these stakeholders
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Business Administration
- Good leadership skills with strong execution capability, articulation, and technical and managerial capability, with emphasis on the usage of modern and innovative techniques adopting IT
- Hands-on leadership style – results-driven and decisive leader in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Municipality Act and related processes
- Good communication and problem-solving skills matching the aspirations of the modern and progressive electronics & software companies
- A mature and experienced person with a successful track record, capable of translating the vision of ELCITA into concrete programs and executing them efficiently, and in building up a profile of ELCITA as a model Township in Bengaluru
- Ability to build a strong team that can deliver service on time within budgets, with the focus on processes
- Should have min 10 years of experience in the managerial and technical capacity of handling: solid waste management/ Liquid waste Management/water Supply Management in urban local bodies in India / SEZ /Industrial Towns/ facilities run by boards anywhere in India/Facilities run by para status/State or union Govt. in Urban Water Supply and Sewage board.
- ELCITA is an equal opportunity provider with no gender bias for this position
- Passionate about ELCITA’s success; ‘Not just a job.’
- Preferably a polymath; curious and strong interest in cultural and intellectual issues, interests in diverse subjects such as corporate governance, public administration, economics, geopolitics, arts & culture.
- Tech / social media savvy
- Ideation – Able to think creatively, innovatively and create breakthrough initiatives and service quality for members at ELCITA
- Capable of understanding the vision from the Management Committee and operate with speed and diligence
- Ability to build on the success and reputation which ELCITA already enjoys
- Gravitas, stature, credibility – Face of ELCITA to the world, should manage a complex stakeholder group effectively.
- Team player – Open to multiple ideas, views
- Collaborative – should be able to take people along – needs to work with the Management Committee and facilitate decision making in the interest of ELCITA.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Min 40 years max 55 years of age.
- At least ten years of senior management/leadership experience in technology, business strategy, public administration, and program management.
Leave a reply